Well what can I say. After having a nice holiday break I was surprised and excited when I got a message from Amber (https://ambersawesomeadventures.wordpress.com/) to say she had nominated me for a ‘Liebster Award’. I must say I had never heard of this and had to do a little bit of research to see what it was all about.
Although it is not an award as we know it, it does seem to have the benefit of getting us little known and new bloggers out there for others to see and enjoy. So why not give it a go! As I have been blogging for less than a year I would love to be able share my stories and recipes with as many people as I can and hope this nomination will help my blog gain a few more followers.
So thank you Amber for nominating me and here I go!
HOW IT WORKS:
- You’re nominated by another blogger, who has been nominated themselves.
- The nominator comes up with 11 questions, which as a nominee you are expected to answer.
- You must then come up with 11 questions of your own, and put them to your nominees, and if they choose to accept, they continue the trail by answering your questions, selecting blogs they like to nominate and then giving them 11 questions.
Questions from Amber to me.
- Why did you start blogging?
- For me writing about my life, sharing my recipes and experiences with others was something I always wanted to do. I quit my dead-end job with the support of my partner and family and started writing. The plan is to eventually write a memoir/cookbook.
- What inspires you to keep writing?
- I’ve had quite a few people tell me they enjoy reading my stories and trying my recipes. I even have friends who don’t like cooking but enjoy my recipes (probably because they can eat them without cooking them!). Knowing that others enjoy what I am doing and want more inspires me to keep writing.
- Which of your blog posts are you most proud of?
- I’m proud of all of them as I never thought I would be doing this..
- What is your biggest personal goal for 2016?
- I would like to expand my readership, learn more about blogging and check out the possibilities of making money from my writing. This along with enjoying time with my family and friends, enjoying every minute of my life and being as happy as I possibly can.
- What was the most awesome thing to happen in your life in 2015?
- I actually figured out how to set up my blog and start writing. And we finished the house renovations!
- Where is your favorite vacation spot?
- I love the English countryside, Ireland, Isle of Man and Scotland. But I also love Australia as there is still so much more to explore and it is a beautiful country.
- Where do you plan to travel to next, and why?
- Our next big holiday is New Zealand. We have been planning this for a few years but due to circumstances we haven’t yet made it.. 2016 is the year. I have heard amazing things about New Zealand and how beautiful it is. There is so much to see and do so we will take our time and explore as much as possible.
- What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
- When I was in my forties I decided life was too short to waste another minute so I quit my job and traveled round the world on my own. I was told I would not be able to get a job on my return due to my age. Well I travelled, came home and found a great job, ended up meeting a great man and moved to Tasmania. What more can I say! Life begins at…………
- What is your favourite snack food?
- Nuts… I love nuts. But I love cheese more.
- What is your favourite YouTube video of the moment?
- I don’t do YouTube.
- What are your thoughts on the new Star Wars movie?
- I saw the first one but haven’t seen any others.. I plan to keep it that way!
So now you know a little bit more about me it’s time to nominate a few other new bloggers for the Liebster Award.
My nominations are:
Francis at http://lovingleisuretime.wordpress.com/
Angela at http://angelalimaq.com/
Taryn at https://tarynapulia.wordpress.com/
Laura at http://atravelerskitchen.net
And my questions to the nominees are:
- If you could have any career of your choice what would it be and why?
- There are so many cuisines and new foods around today. What is your favourite?
- What in your life are you most proud of and why?
- What would you love to be doing with your life in 10 years time?
- So many people get stuck in the mundaneness of everyday life. How do you break free of your daily routines?
- You have three wishes. What are they?
- What are you most thankful/grateful for in your life?
- What is your favourite recipe or restaurant?
- You obviously love to write. What if any are your other loves?
- Where will you be holidaying this year?
- What time of year do you like the best and why?
Congratulations to all the bloggers out there and keep up the good work!